Chase Oliver and Lars Mapstead, Libertarian Party candidates for President of the United States, held an in-person campaign event at the Nutty Irishman in Farmingdale, New York
- Date / Time: Friday, November 17, 2023 at 5 PM to 7 PM, admission is free
- Location: The Nutty Irishman, 323 Main Street, Farmingdale, New York 11735
- Agenda: Chase Oliver and Lars Mapstead appeared and spoke – Former NYS Gubernatorial candidate Larry Sharpe also spoke, possibly other speakers – Meet the staff of the Nassau County Libertarian Party – Discuss politics – Help change the political direction
Jon Gunther spoke at Town of Hempstead meeting
Town Meeting Pavilion, Hempstead Town Hall,
1 Washington Street, Hempstead, New York
December 7, 2021 10:30 AM
Jon Gunther, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Nassau County Libertarian Party and a former LBT candidate for NYS Senate, addressed the Town of Hempstead’s Town Board. The Town Board was considering the following resolution:
8. Proposed Local Law to amend Chapter 121 of the Code of the Town of Hempstead entitled “SMOKING” by adding a New Article IV entitled “CANNABIS OPT-OUT” in the Town of Hempstead in relation to prohibiting the retail sale of adult use Cannabis as authorized by New York State Cannabis Law Section 131.1 with adoption subject to a permissive referendum
The Nassau County Libertarian Party urges all Nassau County municipalities to vote to opt-in for the sale of Cannabis. There are many reasons why Nassau municipalities should vote in support of opting-in. Our communities must have access to safe cannabis.
1. This will help people who go to the black market for cannabis to stay away from harmful laced cannabis and dangerous drug deals in the streets.
2. This will help people stay off and away from actual harmful drugs.
3. This will give people who have medical problems an option to be able to access safe cannabis quickly.
4. The moral case is that you should be able to make your own personal choices in your life and choose what you want to put in your own body.
Executive Chairman Jon Gunther, Libertarian spoke at the ToH meeting in favor of Opting-in for the sale of cannabis. Join him and others in support for the sale of safe cannabis.